Alison B. Miller
Alison Miller has litigated a wide range of complex commercial disputes spanning subject matters such as antitrust, securities, corporate M&A, CERCLA and bankruptcy. Alison has benefited from significant courtroom experience early in her career, including a CERCLA trial, an expedited M&A trial, and bankruptcy hearings resulting in the approval of a $5.5 billion debtor-in-possession financing for a California utility.
Before joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Alison was an associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. Alison clerked for Judge Katherine B. Forrest of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and graduated from Georgetown University Law Center.
Alison also serves on the New-York Historical Society’s Young Friends Advisory Committee.
- Valassis, a MacAndrews & Forbes company, as plaintiff in litigation against News Corp. and its subsidiaries alleging federal and state antitrust violations, unfair competition, and tortious interference.
- Telecommunications company in antitrust enforcement action brought by Federal Trade Commission.
- Agricultural equipment manufacturer in shareholder litigation stemming from acquisition by private equity firm.
- Private equity firm in dispute concerning consideration specified in merger agreement.
- Energy company in expedited Delaware M&A litigation.
- Paper company in trial of CERCLA action concerning remediation of Michigan’s Kalamazoo River.
- Debtor California utility in approval of post-petition financing.
News and Writings
- The Opening Statement: Charting a Path to Victory, PLI Trial by Jury (2015) (co-authored with Judge Richard J. Sullivan and David R. Marriott)
- Note, Navigating the Disclosure Dilemma: Corporate Illegality and the Federal Securities Laws, 102 Georgetown Law Journal 1648 (2014)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, 50 American Criminal Law Review 1077 (2013) (co-authored with American Criminal Law Review editors)
- Hon. Katherine B. Forrest, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2016 – 2017
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., magna cum laude, 2014; Order of the Coif; CALI Comparative Law Award)
- Dartmouth College (A.B., cum laude, 2010)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York