Daniel M. Horowitz
Daniel Horowitz’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including multidistrict antitrust and constitutional actions.
After graduating third in his class from Cornell Law School, Daniel served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Priscilla R. Owen on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the Hon. Frederic Block on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. Between his two clerkships, Daniel has researched and written on a wide array of procedural and substantive issues.
- Visa Inc. and its subsidiaries in various matters, including its defense against dozens of antitrust actions brought by hundreds of merchants who have opted out of a multibillion-dollar class settlement.
- Pro bono representation of an inmate in a § 1983 action involving constitutionally inadequate dental care at Sing Sing Correctional Facility.
News and Writings
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Brennan Center for Justice, and Cato Institute Submit Amicus Brief in Criminal Procedure Case Before New York’s Highest Court12.11.2018
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg and Georgetown Law Represent Former FBI Whistleblowers in Call for the U.S. Supreme Court to Protect Current FBI Employees Who Blow the Whistle03.08.2018
- “The Death and Resurrection of the Required-Records Doctrine,” forthcoming in Volume 86 of the Mississippi Law Journal (co-authored with Stephen K. Wirth)
- Hon. Frederic Block, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2015 – 2016
- Hon. Priscilla R. Owen, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2014 – 2015
Cornell University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2014; Order of the Coif; Charles Evans Hughes Scholar; Articles Editor, Cornell Law Review; Champion, 2012 Cuccia Cup Moot Court Tournament; Executive Bench Editor, Cornell Moot Court Board)
New York University (B.F.A., with honors, 2009)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas