Denisha S. Bacchus
Denisha S. Bacchus has a broad variety of litigation experience, including in residential mortgage-backed securities, commercial contracts, bankruptcy, antitrust, and international law. At Yale Law School, she was Executive Editor of Articles of the Yale Journal of International Law. She also served as Student Director and Supervisor of the Immigration Legal Services Clinic, Student Director of the Rule of Law Clinic, Civil Procedure Teaching Assistant to Professor Harold Hongju Koh, and Legal Intern to both the United Nations’ Counter-Terrorism Executive Directorate and the State Department’s Office of the Legal Adviser. Before entering law school, Denisha spent several years working inside the U.S. Department of Justice’s Antitrust Division. For her work assisting attorneys with the prosecution of automobile parts manufacturers, which ultimately resulted in more than $700 million in criminal fines and numerous guilty pleas, she was honored with an Assistant Attorney General Award.
Before joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Denisha served as a law clerk to Judge Jesse M. Furman of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. She also previously practiced as a litigation associate at O’Melveny & Myers.
- Visa Inc. and its subsidiaries in their defense against class and individual antitrust actions brought by virtually every merchant in the United States and alleging hundreds of billions in damages.
- Pro bono client in Second Circuit appeal of Board of Immigration Appeals decision.
News and Writings
- Hon. Jesse M. Furman, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2018 – 2019
Yale Law School (J.D., 2017; Executive Editor of Articles, Yale Journal of International Law; Kirby Simon Fellow; Student Director, Immigration Legal Services Clinic; Student Director, Rule of Law Clinic)
Columbia University (B.A., 2012)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York