Jack L. Millman
Jack Millman maintains a broad-based litigation practice to which he brings particular experience with employment-related issues, including compensation and benefits as well as key employee agreements relating to mergers and acquisitions. Before graduating summa cum laude from the New York University School of Law, he became an Ohio-licensed C.P.A. Following law school, he clerked for the Honorable Diarmuid F. O’Scannlain of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. His pro bono experience covers work on the asylum application process, and he has written academic articles on education policy and reforming third-party litigation funding.
Before joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Jack was an associate at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, where he practiced in the Executive Compensation and Benefits Department. He holds the rank of Captain in the New York Army National Guard and has served in the National Guard for more than a decade. He received a Bronze Star Medal for meritorious service in Afghanistan in 2012.
News and Writings
- “Paying for Failure: Subsidizing Schools, Not Education” 10 Drexel Law Review 307 (2018)
- Note, “Optimizing Deterrence in the Legal Claims Market,” 91 New York University Law Review 496 (2016)
- “Gambling for Health Care,” 76 Ohio State Law Journal Furthermore 33 (2015)
- Hon. Diarmuid F. O'Scannlain, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, 2016 – 2017
New York University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2016; Order of the Coif; Furman Scholar; Butler Scholar; Articles Editor, New York University Law Review)
The Ohio State University (B.A., 2010)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York