Patrick J. Woods
Patrick Woods maintains a broad complex commercial litigation practice, with an emphasis on antitrust, securities, and financial services.
While at The University of Chicago Law School, Patrick was the managing editor of The University of Chicago Law Review. He also served as the vice president of outreach for OutLaw, a supportive environment for LGBTQ+ students that educates and fosters action around legal issues affecting members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Patrick previously worked as a litigation associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Amalya L. Kearse of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. After graduating from Columbia and before entering law school, he worked as a litigation paralegal at Ernst & Young LLP.
- A large consumer products company in response to regulatory inquiries from the DOJ Antitrust Division.
- A financial services firm in a series of class-action suits alleging securities fraud and insider trading.
- A global bank in connection with its response to a § 1782 discovery petition.
- A closely-held corporation in a dispute seeking preliminary injunctive relief to avoid the dissipation of corporate assets.
- Hon. Amalya Kearse, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2020 – 2021
The University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 2020, with honors; Managing Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review)
Columbia University (B.A., 2015, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York