Priyanka Timblo represents banks, hedge funds, and other corporate clients in connection with complex commercial litigation, internal investigations, and regulatory inquiries. She has particular experience defending securities class actions and representing clients in an array of antitrust-related matters including litigation, pre-merger clearance, and investigations. She has also handled multiple white-collar matters on the defense side.
A graduate of the McGill University Faculty of Law, Priyanka is trained in both the common and civil law traditions and has substantial exposure to cross-border legal issues.
She is a member of the National Women’s Law Center’s Leadership Advisory Committee, which provides the Center with advice and support on critical issues that affect women and their families across the United States. She is also a member of the planning committee for the 2019 Associate Leadership Institute, run by the New York City Bar Association’s Office for Diversity & Inclusion, and serves on the Young Professionals Board of Breakthrough New York, a nonprofit dedicated to increasing academic opportunity for highly motivated students from low-income backgrounds.
Before joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Priyanka was a litigation associate in the New York office of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP and clerked for the Honorable Eileen Gillese and the Honorable Sarah Pepall of the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
- Visa Inc. in its defense against dozens of antitrust actions brought by hundreds of merchants who have opted out of a multibillion-dollar class settlement.
- Professional sports league in fraud-related class action litigation.
- Hedge fund and its principal in insider trading-related securities class action.
- Multinational bank in internal FCPA investigation into hiring practices in Asia.
- Hedge fund affiliate of a multinational bank in fraud-related securities class action.
- Multinational bank in fraud-related regulatory investigation.
- Multinational bank in antitrust securities class action.
- Cable equipment company in pre-merger regulatory investigation.
- Dealership management software company in pre-merger regulatory investigation.
- Pro bono client in Second Circuit appeal of Section 1983 claim.
News and Writings
- “Settlements Under New York Law,” Settlement Agreements in Commercial Disputes: Negotiating, Drafting & Enforcement (forthcoming) (co-author)
- “North American Overview,” International Comparative Legal Guide to International Arbitration (July 2017) (co-author)
- “North American Overview,” International Comparative Legal Guide to Insurance Law (February 2017) (assisted in preparation)
- “Defense Attorneys May Bring Third-Party Claim to Forfeited Property,” New York Law Journal (May 27, 2015) (assisted in preparation)
- Hon. Eileen Gillese & Hon. Sarah Pepall, Court of Appeal for Ontario, 2013 – 2014
McGill University Faculty of Law (LL.B., B.C.L., 2012; Senior Editor, McGill Law Journal; first-place brief, Laskin Moot Court Competition)
University of Miami (B.A., 2008)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York