Holwell Shuster & Goldberg represents clients initiating or defending high-stakes litigation involving patents, copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, and other forms of intellectual property. As our lawyers do in all of our litigation matters, HSG’s intellectual property lawyers excel at making complex issues understandable to judges and juries and have the experience and willingness to represent clients as both plaintiff and defendant.
Experienced in an array of high-value intellectual property litigation, our attorneys have been particularly active in the telecommunications, microprocessor, automobile, large-molecule biologics, medical device, and broadcast industries. HSG attorneys are also regularly involved in groundbreaking cases outside the patent area, such as their representation of LimeWire in copyright infringement litigation.
- Melchior v. Hilite International, Inc.: Represented Hilite International as lead trial counsel and appellate counsel in defense of a claim for patent infringement relating to hydraulic cam phasers used in Chrysler Pentastar engines.
- EIG v. Cowen and Company: Represented Cowen and Company as lead trial counsel in defense of a claim of copyright infringement.
- NXP B.V. et al. v. Dell Inc.: Represented NXP as lead trial counsel in an ITC proceeding brought against Dell for infringement of patents relating to near-field communication.
- Microban Products Company v. API Industries, Inc.: Lead trial counsel for plaintiff Microban in securing quick summary judgment victory and attorney’s fees in trademark infringement case in the Southern District of New York.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory v. Ropes & Gray LLP et al.: Brought in late as lead trial counsel in landmark patent malpractice case that settled very favorably for the laboratory two days before jury selection.
- Karen Sebaski Quoted Extensively on Supreme Court’s Oral Arguments in Return Mail Inc. v. U.S. Postal Service02.21.2019