Youzhihang Deng is a litigator with experience in complex commercial litigation, arbitration, and investigations. His varied, generalist practice spans from financial services and securities litigation to trade secrets and antitrust matters.
A graduate of Harvard Law School, Youzhihang served as the congress editor for the Harvard Journal on Legislation and co-president of HLS Lambda. During law school, he worked as a student attorney for the Harvard Defenders, providing pro bono representation to low-income defendants in criminal show-cause hearings.
Prior to joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Youzhihang was an associate at Selendy Gay Elsberg PLLC.
- A major Chinese internet company in an arbitration concerning its terms of service.
- A large Chinese pharmaceutical company in connection with an affiliated drug discovery start-up accused of misappropriating trade secrets.
- A blue-chip Chinese hedge fund in a breach of fiduciary duties dispute.
- A medical device company subject to a U.S. Department of Justice investigation related to insurance reimbursement claims it submitted on behalf of customers.
- The Joint Liquidators of the Kingate Funds in the defense of claims brought by Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. relating to DBSI’s alleged purchase of more than $1.6 billion of Kingate’s claims against the Madoff estate.
- Crypto-asset investors in multiple class actions filed in the Southern District of New York against major crypto-asset exchanges and digital token issuers, based on alleged securities and antitrust violations that led to billions of dollars in lost investments.
- Computershare and U.S. Bank as trustee in RMBS putback actions, each involving hundreds of millions of dollars.
- AMERRA Capital Management in defense of a financial fraud and breach of contract action brought by a consortium of senior lenders seeking over $360 million in damages.
- A global animal health company in connection with a potential antitrust action against a competitor.
- A high-net-worth individual in a high-stake matrimonial action involving cutting edge legal issues in connection with prenuptial agreements and asset division.
- A pro bono client in obtaining a million-dollar settlement from the U.S. State Department in an employment dispute.
Harvard Law School (J.D., 2020; cum laude; Congress Editor, Harvard Journal on Legislation; Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot)
Columbia University (B.S., 2017; magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- New Jersey