Andrew C. Indorf
Andrew Indorf maintains a wide-ranging litigation practice with a focus on complex commercial disputes as well as securities enforcement, antitrust, and constitutional actions at both the trial and appellate level. Andrew has also counseled clients on a wide variety of national security-related matters and has developed substantial experience advocating for clients before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States. His writings about CFIUS have been published by the Harvard National Security Journal.
Andrew brings a breadth of experience from the judicial perspective to his private practice. Prior to joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Andrew clerked for the Honorable Denise Cote on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and, most recently, for the Honorable John M. Walker on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Andrew has also clerked, on a temporary basis, for the Honorable Katherine B. Forrest and the Honorable George B. Daniels on the Southern District of New York.
Prior to his clerkships, Andrew practiced at Covington & Burling in Washington, D.C.
While attending Stanford Law School, Andrew interned with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia (National Security Section), the U.S. Department of State (Office of the Legal Advisor), and the U.S. Department of Justice (Civil Division, Appellate Staff).
- Visa Inc. and its subsidiaries in various matters, including defense against dozens of antitrust actions brought by hundreds of merchants who have opted out of a multibillion-dollar class settlement.
- Minority partners and management of an auto-loan servicing business in Puerto Rico, in a contentious partnership dispute with the majority partner, a prominent New York hedge fund.
News and Writings
- “Managing National Security Risk in an Open Economy: Reforming the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States,” Harvard National Security Journal, Volume 9, Issue 2 (2018)
- Hon. John M. Walker, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2020 – 2021
- Hon. Denise Cote, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2019 – 2020
- Hon. Katherine B. Forrest and Hon. George B. Daniels, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2018
Stanford Law School (J.D., 2017; Associate Managing Editor, Stanford Law Review; Managing Editor, Stanford Law & Policy Review)
Johns Hopkins University (M.Sc., 2013)
Georgetown University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2011)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit