Arian Soroush maintains a broad complex commercial litigation practice with a focus on antitrust, civil rights, CERCLA, ERISA, products liability, and securities matters. He has litigated matters in federal and state courts, as well as JAMS arbitrations.
He served as a law clerk to the Honorable Julia Smith Gibbons of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Before joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Arian was a litigation associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP.
A graduate of Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, Arian served as notes editor of the Northwestern University Law Review. He also served as president of the Middle Eastern Law Students Association. As part of Northwestern’s Federal Appellate Clinic, Arian briefed, argued, and won a federal appeal concerning prisoner rights.
- HSBC as trustee in multiple RMBS litigations, each with hundreds of millions of dollars at issue, arising out of the 2008 financial crisis.
- Epic Games, Inc. as part of multi-district antitrust litigation against Google concerning smartphone app distribution and in-app purchases.
- Illumina, Inc. in connection with FTC antitrust enforcement action seeking to enjoin $8 billion vertical merger with GRAIL, Inc.
- A major media company in connection with multi-billion-dollar contract dispute regarding streaming services.
- Colgate-Palmolive Co. in connection with appeal of class action litigation alleging ERISA violations.
- Viatris Inc. in connection with class action securities litigation.
- Root, Inc. in connection with class action securities litigation.
- Pro bono representation of various clients in connection with ADA, Title VII, and 1983 constitutional claims.
- Hon. Julia S. Gibbons, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2019 – 2020.
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law (J.D., 2019; cum laude; Notes Editor, Northwestern University Law Review; Regional Champion, Best Speaker, Best Brief, 2019 ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition; Semi-Finalist, 2018 Julius. H. Miner Moot Court; Head Coach, Moot Court Society; President, Middle Eastern Law Students Association)
Georgetown University, Walsh School of Foreign Service (B.S., 2015; magna cum laude)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York