Denis Metin represents clients in high-stakes litigation and arbitrations that often involve antitrust issues, cross-border transactions, and the application of foreign and international law. He has represented clients in a wide array of industries including technology, energy, life sciences, and construction.
Denis also maintains an active pro bono practice. In 2021, he was awarded the Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award for providing outstanding legal services to low-income New Yorkers.
While at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, Denis served as associate editor of the Journal of International Law, Vol. 40 and was the recipient of the 2019 Pro Bono Volunteer of the Year award.
Prior to joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Denis was a litigation associate at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. Before that, he practiced at a law firm in Turkey where he represented clients before the European Court of Human Rights and arbitral tribunals with a focus on international commercial and investment treaty arbitration.
- Google in multidistrict litigation brought by state Attorneys General alleging antitrust and consumer protection violations in connection with Google’s ad tech business.
- An oil and gas supermajor in a commercial arbitration involving one of the world’s largest resources projects.
- A life sciences conglomerate in a commercial arbitration involving a joint venture to develop a vaccine.
- A construction firm in an investment treaty arbitration against a Central Asian state.
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020; Associate Editor, Journal of International Law)
Koç University Law School (LL.M., 2015)
The George Washington University (B.A., 2009)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York