Jordan Pietzsch has litigated a wide range of high-value and high-profile civil actions, including disputes over multi-billion-dollar mergers, complex debt restructurings, and securities class actions. He practices frequently before the federal and state trial and appellate courts of New York, Delaware, and other jurisdictions.
Jordan previously worked as a litigation associate at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and served as a judicial clerk to Judge Kenneth M. Karas of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. After graduating from Harvard and before entering law school, he worked as a political consultant in Washington, D.C. and as a special projects manager for the Office of the Honorable Al Gore.
- A major health insurance company in a multi-billion-dollar breach of contract litigation arising out of a failed merger.
- A major pharmaceutical company in connection with a successful defense against a hostile takeover.
- A major medical devices company in breach of contract litigation arising out of a merger agreement.
- A for-profit education provider in an expedited proceeding concerning bondholder objections to a complex debt restructuring proposal.
- A regional bank and its directors against claims for securities fraud arising out of merger proxy disclosures.
- Hon. Kenneth M. Karas, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2013 – 2014
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013; Order of the Coif; Managing Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal)
- Harvard University (A.B., 2005)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York