Eileen Monaghan DeLucia
Eileen Monaghan DeLucia’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. Representing clients in high-value federal and state litigation as well as international arbitrations, Eileen brings strong experience in contractual disputes, products liability, employment and housing discrimination cases, and bankruptcy proceedings. Much of her work, including her representation of major financial institutions in actions involving RMBS and mortgage putbacks, involves matters relating to securities and the financial markets.
Eileen was named to Crain’s New York Business’ 2021 list of Notable Women in Law. She has also been recognized as a Woman Worth Watching by Profiles in Diversity Journal, and as one of Super Lawyers’ Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area and as a Rising Star for several years.
Prior to joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Eileen was a litigation associate at Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP.
- Japanese pharmaceutical companies in an international arbitration proceeding concerning the acquisition of Mexican pharmaceutical companies and related regulatory proceedings.
- Rikers Island detainee alleging violations of his constitutional rights against the City of New York and individual corrections officers in a 14th Amendment action pending in the Southern District of New York.
- Plaintiff bank trustees in various residential mortgage backed securities matters before New York state and federal courts.
- Various companies in the Eurofins group, a publicly traded French conglomerate whose subsidiaries are engaged in, among other things, the biotechnology industry. Eileen has represented Eurofins entities in connection with certain products liability related suits.
- Plaintiff tenant in a housing discrimination lawsuit against a New York City co-op Board.
- A global news organization in an employment discrimination lawsuit concerning one of its national financial newspapers.
News and Writings
- Profiles in Diversity Journal Names Eileen Monaghan DeLucia, Karen Sebaski, and Jayme Jonat to 2018 Women Worth Watching List07.19.2018
Columbia Law School (J.D., 2009; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 2008-2009)
College of the Holy Cross (B.A., magna cum laude, 2004; Phi Beta Kappa)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York