Jayme Jonat has a broad-based commercial litigation practice, representing companies in a wide range of securities, antitrust, and regulatory matters.
Jayme has significant experience in the area of class actions, having represented many prominent financial institutions against claims of securities fraud. She has also assisted clients with conducting large-scale internal investigations as well as responding to regulatory inquiries. In addition, Jayme has contributed pro bono service to clients in a number of civil and criminal matters, including the successful appeal of a client’s felony conviction that resulted in his release from state prison.
Prior to joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Jayme was a litigation associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and clerked for the Honorable Arthur D. Spatt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Multiple large financial institutions in complex securities fraud class action.
- Multi-country FCPA matter for large technology company.
- Internal investigation of embezzlement of government funds at non-profit organization.
News and Writings
- “Ending the Widow Penalty: Why Are Surviving Alien Spouses of Deceased Citizens Being Deported?” Fordham Law Review (77 Fordham L. Rev. 1873 (2009))
- Hon. Arthur D. Spatt, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2011 – 2013
Fordham University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010, Order of the Coif; Writing and Research Editor, Fordham Law Review)
Cornell University (B.S., 2007)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York