Jayme Jonat has a broad-based commercial litigation practice, representing companies in a wide range of securities, antitrust, and regulatory matters.
Jayme has significant experience in the area of class actions, having represented many prominent financial institutions against claims of securities fraud. She has also assisted clients with conducting large-scale internal investigations as well as responding to regulatory inquiries. In addition, Jayme has contributed pro bono service to clients in a number of civil and criminal matters, including the successful appeal of a client’s felony conviction that resulted in his release from state prison.
Prior to joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Jayme was a litigation associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and clerked for the Honorable Arthur D. Spatt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Affiliates of the government-owned investment fund AIMCo, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., as securities intermediary, in a $200 million litigation in the Southern District of New York against AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company arising out of AXA’s improper Cost of Insurance rate increase on a certain group of universal life insurance policies.
- Multiple large financial institutions in complex securities fraud class action.
- Multi-country FCPA matter for large technology company.
- Internal investigation of embezzlement of government funds at non-profit organization.
News and Writings
- Profiles in Diversity Journal Names Eileen Monaghan DeLucia, Karen Sebaski, and Jayme Jonat to 2018 Women Worth Watching List07.19.2018
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg and ACLU File Discrimination Charges Against Frontier Airlines on Behalf of Female Flight Attendants05.16.2017
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg and ACLU File Discrimination Charges Against Frontier Airlines on Behalf of Female Pilots05.10.2016
- “Ending the Widow Penalty: Why Are Surviving Alien Spouses of Deceased Citizens Being Deported?” Fordham Law Review (77 Fordham L. Rev. 1873 (2009))
- Hon. Arthur D. Spatt, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2011 – 2013
Fordham University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010, Order of the Coif; Writing and Research Editor, Fordham Law Review)
Cornell University (B.S., 2007)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York