Blair E. Kaminsky
Blair Kaminsky has a wide-ranging practice focused on complex commercial litigation, representing both individuals and corporations in litigation and investigatory matters frequently touching on large-scale transactions and the financial services industry.
She has extensive experience representing trustees and other interested parties in various RMBS putback matters pending in state and federal courts. She has also represented targets of shareholder class actions arising from mergers and acquisitions. Blair has appeared frequently in the courts of New York and Delaware as well as other state and federal jurisdictions, and also has advised on international litigation and arbitration. Her previous engagements include white-collar defense, bankruptcy litigation, securities-related matters, and insurance and employment disputes. Blair is actively involved in HSG’s pro bono practice. Her pro bono engagements have included a Fourth Amendment appeal and obtaining documents from public school districts under a New Jersey public access law.
Blair was named to Benchmark Litigation's 2017 Under 40 Hot List, and has been recognized as one of Super Lawyers’ Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area and as a Rising Star. She was also named to Profiles in Diversity Journal's 2016 Women Worth Watching list.
Prior to joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Blair was a litigation associate at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and clerked for the Honorable Judith Rogers of the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
- Visa Inc. and its subsidiaries in various matters, including their defense against class and individual antitrust actions brought by virtually every merchant in the United States and alleging hundreds of billions in damages.
- HSBC, U.S. Bank, and The Bank of New York Mellon as trustee (or securities administrator) in various RMBS putback matters, each involving hundreds of millions of dollars. In connection with those representations, Blair helps lead the firm’s efforts as Liaison Counsel in coordinating dozens of RMBS cases pending in New York state court before the Honorable Marcy S. Friedman. As a key member of the Steering Committee for these cases, Blair has liaised with plaintiffs’ and defendants’ counsel across the putback, monoline, and investor RMBS cases pending before Justice Friedman to establish master orders concerning discovery, dispositive motions, and appointment of a Special Discovery Master, and to raise issues with the Court and Special Discovery Master via common issues briefing.
- NYSE Euronext in litigation over its contemplated $10 billion merger with Deutsche Boerse.
- A secured creditor of LBHI in litigation arising from its bankruptcy.
- A major financial institution in connection with international litigation concerning a collapsed hedge fund.
News and Writings
- Profiles in Diversity Journal Names Hannah Sholl and Lani Perlman to its 2017 “Women Worth Watching” List06.14.2017
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg Marks Fifth Anniversary with Major Financial Commitment to Pro Bono Partner Her Justice04.26.2017
- Dorit Ungar Black and Blair E. Kaminsky Named to Profiles in Diversity Journal’s “Women Worth Watching” List10.14.2016
- Note, “The Principles for User Generated Content Services: A Middle-Ground Approach to Cyber-Governance,” 121 Harvard Law Review 1387 (2008)
- Comment, Nat’l Ass’n of Home Builders v. Defenders of Wildlife, 121 Harvard Law Review 405 (2007)
- Recent Case, Mac Wade v. Kelly, 460 F. 3d 260 (2nd Cir. 2006), 120 Harvard Law Review 635 (2006)
- Hon. Judith W. Rogers, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, 2008 – 2009
Harvard Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2008; Supervising Editor, Harvard Law Review)
University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 2005)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- New Jersey
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York