Blair E. Kaminsky
Blair Kaminsky has a wide-ranging practice focused on complex commercial litigation, representing both individuals and corporations in litigation and investigatory matters frequently touching on large-scale transactions and the financial services industry. Blair is recognized widely for her work, with one client noting she is a “fantastic litigator who provides thoughtful, spot-on advice,” and “manages enormous cases with creativity and enthusiasm.”
She has extensive experience representing trustees and other interested parties in various RMBS putback matters pending in state and federal courts. She has also represented targets of shareholder class actions arising from mergers and acquisitions. Blair has appeared frequently in the courts of New York and Delaware as well as other state and federal jurisdictions, and also has advised on international litigation and arbitration. Her previous engagements include white-collar defense, bankruptcy litigation, securities-related matters, and insurance and employment disputes. Blair is actively involved in HSG’s pro bono practice. Her pro bono engagements have included a Fourth Amendment appeal and obtaining documents from public school districts under a New Jersey public access law.
Blair received Euromoney Legal Media Group’s 2019 Rising Star Award for Best in Litigation: General Commercial. She has also been recognized on Benchmark Litigation’s Under 40 Hot List since 2017, and as one of Super Lawyers’ Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area and as a Rising Star. She was also named to Profiles in Diversity Journal’s 2016 Women Worth Watching list.
She is a member of The American Lawyer’s first-ever Young Lawyer Editorial Board, and speaks frequently at conferences and other public forums, with recent topics spanning from ethical obligations in e-discovery to fostering diversity and inclusion at law firms.
Prior to joining Holwell Shuster & Goldberg, Blair was a litigation associate at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and clerked for the Honorable Judith Rogers of the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
- Visa Inc. and its subsidiaries in various matters, including their defense against class and individual antitrust actions brought by virtually every merchant in the United States and alleging hundreds of billions in damages.
- HSBC, U.S. Bank, and The Bank of New York Mellon as trustee (or securities administrator) in various RMBS putback matters, each involving hundreds of millions of dollars. In connection with those representations, Blair helps lead the firm’s efforts as Liaison Counsel in coordinating dozens of RMBS cases pending in New York state court before the Honorable Marcy S. Friedman. As a key member of the Steering Committee for these cases, Blair has liaised with plaintiffs’ and defendants’ counsel across the putback, monoline, and investor RMBS cases pending before Justice Friedman to establish master orders concerning discovery, dispositive motions, and appointment of a Special Discovery Master, and to raise issues with the Court and Special Discovery Master via common issues briefing.
- NYSE Euronext in litigation over its contemplated $10 billion merger with Deutsche Boerse.
- A secured creditor of LBHI in litigation arising from its bankruptcy.
- A major financial institution in connection with international litigation concerning a collapsed hedge fund.
News and Writings
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg Named a National Tier 1 Firm for Commercial Litigation and a Top Boutique by Benchmark Litigation10.01.2020
- Dorit Ungar Black and Blair Kaminsky to Present at 2019 Women in Legal & Corporate Leadership Summit11.07.2019
- Firm Again Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a Top 10 Boutique and a Highly Recommended Commercial Litigation Firm in New York09.26.2019
- Avi Israeli and Blair Kaminsky Recognized on Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Inaugural Rising Stars Shortlist08.16.2018
- Profiles in Diversity Journal Names Eileen Monaghan DeLucia, Karen Sebaski, and Jayme Jonat to 2018 Women Worth Watching List07.19.2018
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg Partner Blair Kaminsky Selected to The American Lawyer’s First-Ever Young Lawyer Editorial Board02.27.2018
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Holwell Shuster & Goldberg as a Top Boutique and a Highly Recommended Firm for Commercial Litigation10.11.2017
- Profiles in Diversity Journal Names Hannah Sholl and Lani Perlman to its 2017 Women Worth Watching List06.14.2017
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg Marks Fifth Anniversary with Major Financial Commitment to Pro Bono Partner Her Justice04.26.2017
- Dorit Ungar Black and Blair E. Kaminsky Named to Profiles in Diversity Journal’s Women Worth Watching List10.14.2016
- Note, “The Principles for User Generated Content Services: A Middle-Ground Approach to Cyber-Governance,” 121 Harvard Law Review 1387 (2008)
- Comment, Nat’l Ass’n of Home Builders v. Defenders of Wildlife, 121 Harvard Law Review 405 (2007)
- Recent Case, Mac Wade v. Kelly, 460 F. 3d 260 (2nd Cir. 2006), 120 Harvard Law Review 635 (2006)
- Hon. Judith W. Rogers, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, 2008 – 2009
Harvard Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2008; Supervising Editor, Harvard Law Review)
University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 2005)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York