Priyanka Timblo is a trial lawyer who represents clients in high-stakes commercial litigation and arbitration. She has significant experience handling antitrust and breach of contract disputes on both the plaintiff and defense side, as well as in securities class actions, internal investigations, and white-collar matters. She is skilled at crafting case narratives, developing trial strategy from the outset of a case, and preparing and examining witnesses. Priyanka’s recent engagements include:
- Representing Visa in multi-district class action antitrust litigation filed on behalf of merchants, as well as in opt-out cases brought by the world’s largest retailers, challenging network rules benefitting all domestic cardholders;
- Representing Melody Business Finance, a hedge fund, in litigation against former hedge fund billionaire Philip Falcone, securing an award of $69.8 million—approximately 99% of the amount sought following a trial on damages;
- Representing a MacAndrews & Forbes company in an antitrust jury trial against News Corp. in the Southern District of New York; and
- Representing, as first chair, a financial services company as plaintiff in a breach of contract arbitration.
Priyanka’s practice is particularly well-suited to disputes with an international component, as she is trained in both the common and civil law traditions. In her pro bono practice, she has led a civil rights case in Louisiana based on excessive force use, and successfully represented immigration clients at the Immigration Board of Appeals.
Priyanka brings to her practice special expertise in analyzing, pricing, and managing legal risk from her time as an investment professional at global legal finance and risk management company Omni Bridgeway. Earlier in her career, she was a litigation associate in the New York office of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP. She clerked for the Honorable Eileen Gillese and the Honorable Sarah Pepall of the Court of Appeal for Ontario and is a graduate of the McGill Faculty of Law.
In 2023, she was named to Bloomberg Law’s “They’ve Got Next: The 40 Under 40” list, as well to Lawdragon 500 X – The Next Generation. Priyanka was also recognized as a Woman Worth Watching by Profiles in Diversity Journal in 2019.
- Priyanka Timblo Named to Bloomberg Law’s “They’ve Got Next: The 40 Under 40”
- Priyanka Timblo Named to Lawdragon 500 x – The Next Generation
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg Secures $70 Million Win in Financial Dispute Against Fallen Hedge Fund Star Philip Falcone
- Priyanka Timblo to Speak at 2023 ABA Antitrust Spring Meeting
- Priyanka Timblo Rejoins Holwell Shuster & Goldberg as Partner
- Priyanka Timblo Named to Profiles in Diversity Journal’s 2019 Women Worth Watching List
- Priyanka Timblo Joins National Women’s Law Center’s Leadership Advisory Committee
- Melody Business Finance, a hedge fund, in litigation against former hedge fund billionaire Philip Falcone, securing an award of $69.8 million—approximately 99% of the amount sought following a trial on damages.
- Valassis, a MacAndrews & Forbes company, as plaintiff in litigation against News Corp. and its subsidiaries alleging federal and state antitrust violations, unfair competition, and tortious interference seeking more than $600 million in damages. Valassis defeated summary judgment and reached a confidential settlement during jury deliberations following a nearly three-week jury trial in the Southern District of New York in July 2021.
- Visa in multi-district class action antitrust litigation filed on behalf of merchants, as well as in opt-out cases brought by the world’s largest retailers, challenging network rules benefitting all domestic cardholders.
- Financial services company as plaintiff in a breach-of-contract arbitration.
- Professional sports league in a fraud-related class action
- Hedge fund and its principal in an insider trading-related securities class
- Multinational bank in an internal FCPA investigation into hiring practices in
- Hedge fund affiliate of a multinational bank in a fraud-related securities class
- Cable equipment company in a pre-merger regulatory
News and Writings
- Priyanka Timblo and Rona Proper Author Guest Editorial for Risk Compliance Magazine on Antitrust Risks Related to ESG Efforts06.29.2023
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg Secures $70 Million Win in Financial Dispute Against Fallen Hedge Fund Star Philip Falcone03.27.2023
- Denisha Bacchus and Meredith Nelson Named to Profiles in Diversity Journal’s 2021 Women Worth Watching List05.17.2021
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg and ACLU of Louisiana’s Justice Lab File Lawsuit Against Police Officers for Excessive Force Against a Cooperating Black Man with Preexisting Injuries04.29.2021
- Priyanka Timblo and Nina Kanovitch Schiffer Named to Profiles in Diversity Journal’s 2019 Women Worth Watching List06.25.2019
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg and the National Women’s Law Center Present CLE on Women’s Rights in the Workplace03.06.2019
- Brendon DeMay and Priyanka Timblo Participate in ACC Webcast on Limiting Exposure When Negotiating Class Action Settlement Agreements: Blow-Up Provisions04.25.2018
“Antitrust Risks Related to ESG Efforts,” Risk & Compliance Magazine (June 26, 2023) (author)
- Hon. Eileen Gillese & Hon. Sarah Pepall, Court of Appeal for Ontario, 2013 – 2014
McGill University Faculty of Law (LL.B., B.C.L., 2012; Senior Editor, McGill Law Journal; first-place brief, Laskin Moot Court Competition)
University of Miami (B.A., 2008)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York